Doubt is a feeling that one does not know the truthfulness, or trustworthiness of God’s promise and faithfulness. The spirit of doubt affects believers through unbelief. This always result in delay in manifestation of God’s divine plan and purpose for our life. The spirit of doubt and discouragement can prevent us from manifesting our healing, conceive the pregnancy, secure the employment, and even cause delay in getting married.
The major Cause of doubt and discouragement is unbelief. The enemy will shift your focus on your weakness and shortcomings. Sometimes magnify your problem more than the power of God.
Unbelief develops when you give attention to the voice of the enemy. Unbelief is the foundation on which fear and discouragement grows. Discouragement is to diminish the confidence or courage in the promise of the father concerning our situations.However, you can overcome doubt that comes through unbelief. We need to understand that a heart of unbelief grieves God. Unbelief is believing something other than what God has said about your situation. You can believe in Him, but still not believe what He says.
HOW TO OVERCOME DOUBTS AND DISCOURAGEMENT
- Overcome Unbelief by Knowing God’s Will
“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” –Romans 10:17 (NKJV)
A lack of knowledge results in unbelief—and the devil is right there to take advantage. You need to get rid of any voice suggesting “what if,” “ but,” and “if it be Thy will” in your mind. This can be done by confessing the Word of God until your hope gets crisp, your expectancy gets strong, and you begin to expect the glory to happen.
- Overcome Unbelief by Rejecting Fear.
The building block of all unbelief in our mind is fear. Fear will make you to question the promises of God for your problem in the bible.
As a believer of Christ, you cannot be worrying and trusting God at the same time. Worrying is just like doubt, it will make you to doubt God’s love for you and your family. Fear will be a blockage or barrier that keeps you from the promises of God—even if you know what they are. The only solution to fear is to believe. Faith will nullify fear. You will overcome unbelief by rejecting the spirit of fear and discouragement in your life.
“Do not fret or have anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything… continue to make your wants known to God.” –Philippians 4:6
- Overcome Unbelief by Believing in God’s Love
“And we have known and believed the love that God has for us.” –
1 John 4:16 (NKJV)
The love of God is a powerful force that has provided you with abundant life.
20 Powerful Prayer points Against Doubt and Discouragement.
- Father I cancel and terminate from my heart every thought, image or picture of failure concerning my situations, in the name of Jesus
- Father I loose the grip of every spirit of doubt, fear and discouragement on heart , in the name of Jesus.
- Let the angels of the Living God roll away every stone of hindrance to the manifestation of my breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
- Father hasten your word to perform miracles in every department of my life.
- The Lord who answer by fire and the God of Elijah, answer me by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Father please grant me greater faith to trust you always.
- Father stand closer to me so I can dwell in your love.
- Father please help keep my mind steadfast on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy.
- Father please teach me your ways.
- Father I am open and willing to what you want to do in me.
- Father please help me overcome unbelief.
- Father please help me to believe your Word above any other source in the world.
- Father please above what my body tells me, help me to believe your Word.
- Father please above what the doctors tell me, help me to believe your Word.
- Father please above what friends or family tell me, help me to believe your Word.
- Father please above what the internet tells me, help me to believe your Word.
- Father please help me to refuse to fear when fear is trying so hard to come upon me.
- Father please help me to know and fully accept and receive the love You have for me, because You are LOVE.
- Father please help me to honour Your commandment to believe on the Name of Jesus and to love others as He gave commandment.
- Father I receive your word; I’m committed to your word. Thank You for Your help.